I have collected Best Epictetus quotes on Success, happiness, and love, death quotes to motivate you.
Epictetus, a Greek philosopher from ancient times, had a lot to say on realizing what matters to us and how to look for the good in a bad circumstance.
The core idea of Epictetus philosophy is that, belief that humans must find what they can control in their lives, and disregard the rest.
If you want to become an entrepreneur, want to change your life, build a good habit, these Epictetus quotes will help you.
Epictetus quotes Book list every entrepreneur must read to develop Self-improvement, Good Habits & Productivity.
- Art of Living: The Classical Manual on Virtue, Happiness, and Effectiveness. Buy On Amazon
Also read famous people success and motivational quotes, life stories,
Elon masks, Jim Rohm Quotes, Lao Tzu Quotes, Steve Jobs Quotes
So what are you looking for? Epictetus quotes life, Epictetus quotes happiness and freedom, Greek philosopher Epictetus quotes, the art of living Epictetus quotes, Epictetus discourses quotes, , Epictetus philosophy quotes, Epictetus life changing quotes, Epictetus handbook quotes.
Table of Contents
- Stoicism Epictetus Quotes on success
- Inspirational Epictetus Quotes
- Epictetus Quotes on Self-Improvement, Character, and Personality
- Epictetus Quotes on Money
- Epictetus Quotes Happiness & Freedom
- Epictetus Quotes learning
- Epictetus quotes control
- Epictetus quotes death
Stoicism Epictetus Quotes on success
here are 10 best Epictetus Quotes on success.
“Keep silence for the most part, and speak only when you must, and then briefly.” Epictetus
“It is your own convictions which compels you; that is, choice compels choice.” Epictetus
“He who laughs at himself never runs out of things to laugh at.” Epictetus
“Any person capable of angering you becomes your master.” Epictetus
“It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.” Epictetus
“We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.” Epictetus
“He who is free in the body, but bound in the soul is a slave; but on the contrary he who is bound in the body, but free in the soul, is truly free.” Epictetus
“Don’t demand or expect that events happen as you would wish them do. Accept events as they actually happen. That way, peace is possible.” Epictetus
“Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens.” Epictetus
Inspirational Epictetus Quotes
here are 10 best inspirational Epictetus Quotes.
“No man is free who is not master of himself.” Epictetus
“Man is not worried by real problems so much as by his imagined anxieties about real problems.” Epictetus
“It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.” Epictetus
“The essence of philosophy is that a man should live so that his happiness depends as little as possible from external causes.” Epictetus
“Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants.”
“People are not disturbed by things, but by the view they take of them.” Epictetus
“Don’t explain your philosophy. Embody it” Epictetus
“It takes more than just a good looking body. You’ve got to have the heart and soul to go with it.” Epictetus
“When you are offended at any man’s fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger.” Epictetus
Epictetus Quotes on Self-Improvement, Character, and Personality
here are best Epictetus Quotes on Self-Improvement.
“Other people’s views and troubles can be contagious.” Epictetus
“Don’t sabotage yourself by unwittingly adopting negative, unproductive attitudes through your associations with others.” Epictetus
“Remember, it is not enough to be hit or insulted to be harmed, you must believe that you are being harmed. If someone succeeds in provoking you, realize that your mind is complicit in the provocation.” Epictetus
“I laugh at those who think they can damage me. They do not know who I am, they do not know what I think, they cannot even touch the things which are really mine and with which I live.” Epictetus
“Seek not the good in external things; seek it in yourselves.” Epictetus
Epictetus Quotes on Money
“Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants.” ― Epictetus
“He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has. ” ― Epictetus
“If I can acquire money and also keep myself modest and faithful and magnanimous, point out the way, and I will acquire it”. Epictetus
Epictetus Quotes Happiness & Freedom
here are 10 best Epictetus Quotes on Happiness & Freedom.
- “There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power or our will.” ― Epictetus
- “God has entrusted me with myself. No man is free who is not master of himself. A man should so live that his happiness shall depend as little as possible on external things. The world turns aside to let any man pass who knows where he is going.” ― Epictetus
- “Seek not the good in external things; seek it in yourselves.” ― Epictetus
- “He who laughs at himself never runs out of things to laugh at.” ― Epictetus
- “Other people’s views and troubles can be contagious. Don’t sabotage yourself by unwittingly adopting negative, unproductive attitudes through your associations with others.” ― Epictetus
- “I laugh at those who think they can damage me. They do not know who I am, they do not know what I think, they cannot even touch the things which are really mine and with which I live.” ― Epictetus
- “Authentic happiness is always independent of external conditions.” ― Epictetus
- “When we blather about trivial things, we ourselves become trivial, for our attention gets taken up with trivialities. You become what you give your attention to.” ― Epictetus
- “We are not disturbed by what happens to us, but by our thoughts about what happens to us.” ― Epictetus
- “It is not so much what happens to you as how you think about what happens.” ― Epictetus
- “Don’t seek to have events happen as you wish, but wish them to happen as they do happen, and all will be well with you.” ― Epictetus
Epictetus Quotes learning
here are 10 best Epictetus Quotes on learning.
- “To accuse others for one’s own misfortune is a sign of want of education. To accuse oneself shows that one’s education has begun. To accuse neither oneself nor others shows that one’s education is complete.” ― Epictetus
- “First learn the meaning of what you say, and then speak.” ― Epictetus
- “Man is not worried by real problems so much as by his imagined anxieties about real problems” ― Epictetus
- “Don’t just say you have read books. Show that through them you have learned to think better, to be a more discriminating and reflective person. Books are the training weights of the mind. They are very helpful, but it would be a bad mistake to suppose that one has made progress simply by having internalized their contents.” ― Epictetus
- “Know, first, who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly.” ― Epictetus
- “To know that you do not know and to be willing to admit that you do not know without sheepishly apologizing is real strength and sets the stage for learning and progress in any endeavor.” ― Epictetus
Epictetus quotes control
here are 10 best Epictetus Quotes on control.
- “First say to yourself what you would be, and then do what you have to do.” — Epictetus
- “There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.” — Epictetus
- “The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best. ” — Epictetus
- “He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.” — Epictetus Quotes
- “Don’t seek to have events happen as you wish, but wish them to happen as they do happen, and all will be well with you.” — Epictetus Quotes
- “Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.” – Epictetus Quotes
Epictetus quotes death
here are 10 best Epictetus Quotes on death.
- “You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.” Epictetus
- “Most of what passes for legitimate entertainment is inferior or foolish and only caters to or exploits people’s weaknesses.” Epictetus
- “Our life is too short and you have important things to do.” Epictetus
- “Put your principles into practice—now.” Epictetus
- “If evil be said of thee, and if it be true, correct thyself; if it be a lie, laugh at it. Epictetus
- “God has entrusted me with myself. No man is free who is not a master of himself.” Epictetus
- “Preach not to others what they should eat, but eat as you become and be silent.” Epictetus
Final Thoughts On These Powerful
We hope you enjoyed these handful of Epictetus quotes.
What is the main lesson you learned from these Epictetus quotes? Do you have any further inspiring quotations to share? Comment below with your thoughts and let us know.
- Epictetus: Philosophy as a Guide to Life – Classicalwisdom.com
- Epictetus and Stoicism: The Wisdom of the Slave Philosopher – Academyofideas.com
- The Secret to Happiness is Simple: Live Like a Stoic for a Week – Independent
Share these Epictetus quotes on twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and friends and family who need motivational-inspirational quote for every day.
success quotes, entrepreneur quotes, business quotes, life changing quotes