If you are hunting for unforgettable Motivation, Courage, Success Quotes for Inspiration, you better gear your mind with these 50 Anthony Bourdain quotes!
Anthony Bourdain was one of the most beloved television chefs—so beloved, in fact, that people still enjoy the nuggets of wit and wisdom you can find hidden within the very best Anthony Bourdain food and travel quotes.
Facts About Anthony Bourdain.
- His first cooking job was on Cape Cod.
- He dropped out of college and struggled with drugs.
- But he was firm about staying drug-free.
- He used to have a Food Network show.
- His books are bestsellers. New York Times bestseller list,
- He had an impressive tattoo collection.
He has written over a dozen books, including novels, many bestsellers. He travels all over the world enjoying amazing food and culture on his five-year-old show Parts Unknown.
He now has his own publishing company. He is constantly reinventing himself and letting us learn as he does it.
Also read famous people success and motivational quotes, life stories,
Elon masks, Jim Rohm Quotes, Lao Tzu Quotes, Steve Jobs Quotes
So what are you looking for? Best Anthony Bourdain quotes, Anthony Bourdain quotes about food, Anthony Bourdain quotes travel, Anthony Bourdain quotes about restaurant workers, Anthony Bourdain quotes about love, Anthony Bourdain quotes eat at a local restaurant, Anthony Bourdain quotes kitchen confidential, Anthony Bourdain quotes about culture, Anthony Bourdain quotes travel isn’t always pretty, Anthony Bourdain quotes on equality, best Anthony Bourdain quotes, roadrunner Anthony Bourdain quotes, funny Anthony Bourdain quotes, best Anthony Bourdain quotes about food.
Famous Anthony Bourdain
Here are 10 best quotes of Anthony Bourdain that will make your day.
“Barbecue may not be the road to world peace, but it’s a start.” – Anthony Bourdain
“You learn a lot about someone when you share a meal together.” – Anthony Bourdain
“To me, life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace, or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living.” – Anthony Bourdain
“Skills can be taught. Character you either have or you don’t have.” – Anthony Bourdain
“I travel around the world, eat a lot of s—, and basically do whatever the f— I want.” – Anthony Bourdain
“Your body is not a temple. It’s an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.” – Anthony Bourdain
“If I’m an advocate for anything, it’s to move. As far as you can, as much as you can. Across the ocean, or simply across the river. Walk in someone else’s shoes or at least eat their food. It’s a plus for everybody.” – Anthony Bourdain
“Food is everything we are. It’s an extension of nationalist feeling, ethnic feeling, your personal history, your province, your region, your tribe, your grandma. It’s inseparable from those from the get-go.” – Anthony Bourdain
“In America, the professional kitchen is the last refuge of the misfit. It’s a place for people with bad pasts to find a new family.” – Anthony Bourdain
“Do we really want to travel in hermetically sealed popemobiles through the rural provinces of France, Mexico and the Far East, eating only in Hard Rock Cafes and McDonald’s? Or do we want to eat without fear, tearing into the local stew, the humble taqueria’s mystery meat, the sincerely offered gift of a lightly grilled fish head?” – Anthony Bourdain
Anthony Bourdain on life
Here are 10 best life quotes of Anthony Bourdain to bring out the best in you.
“Meals make the society, hold the fabric together in lots of ways that were charming and interesting and intoxicating to me. The perfect meal, or the best meals, occur in a context that frequently has very little to do with the food itself.” – Anthony Bourdain
“I learned a long time ago that trying to micromanage the perfect vacation is always a disaster. That leads to terrible times.” – Anthony Bourdain
“Bad food is made without pride, by cooks who have no pride, and no love. Bad food is made by chefs who are indifferent, or who are trying to be everything to everybody, who are trying to please everyone… Bad food is fake food… food that shows fear and lack of confidence in people’s ability to discern or to make decisions about their lives.” – Anthony Bourdain
“I’d put aside my psychotic rage, after many years being awful to line cooks, abusive to waiters, bullying to dishwashers. It’s terrible — and counter-productive — to make people feel like idiots for working hard for you.” – Anthony Bourdain
“Travel is about the gorgeous feeling of teetering in the unknown.” – Anthony Bourdain
“Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world you change things slightly, you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life—and travel—leaves marks on you.” – Anthony Bourdain
“To be treated well in places where you don’t expect to be treated well, to find things in common with people you thought previously you had very, very little in common with, that can’t be a bad thing.” – Anthony Bourdain
“I don’t have much patience for people who are self-conscious about the act of eating, and it irritates me when someone denies themselves the pleasure of a bloody hunk of steak or a pungent French cheese because of some outdated nonsense about what’s appropriate or attractive”. – Anthony Bourdain
Anyone who’s a chef, who loves food, ultimately knows that all that matters is: ‘Is it good? Does it give pleasure? –Anthony Bourdain
“I don’t have to agree with you to like you or respect you.” – Anthony Bourdain
Anthony Bourdain Quotes on Happiness
Here are 10 best life and happiness quotes of Anthony Bourdain.
“Assume the worst. About everybody. But don’t let this poisoned outlook affect your job performance. Let it all roll off your back. Ignore it. Be amused by what you see and suspect. Just because someone you work with is a miserable, treacherous, self-serving, capricious, and corrupt asshole shouldn’t prevent you from enjoying their company, working with them, or finding them entertaining.” – Anthony Bourdain
“The way you make an omelet reveals your character.” – Anthony Bourdain
“If you’re twenty-two, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel – as far and as widely as possible. Sleep on floors if you have to. Find out how other people live and eat and cook. Learn from them – wherever you go.” – Anthony Bourdain
“No one understands and appreciates the American Dream of hard work leading to material rewards better than a non-American.” – Anthony Bourdain
“What nicer thing can you do for somebody than make them breakfast?” – Anthony Bourdain
“Context and memory play powerful roles in all the truly great meals in one’s life.” – Anthony Bourdain
“Context and memory play powerful roles in all the truly great meals in one’s life.” – Anthony Bourdain
“Basic cooking skills are a virtue… the ability to feed yourself and a few others with proficiency should be taught to every young man and woman as a fundamental skill. [It’s] as vital to growing up as learning to wipe one’s own a–, cross the street by oneself, or be trusted with money.” – Anthony Bourdain
“Luck is not a business model.” – Anthony Bourdain
“Maybe that’s enlightenment enough: to know that there is no final resting place of the mind; no moment of smug clarity. Perhaps wisdom…is realizing how small I am, and unwise, and how far I have yet to go.” – Anthony Bourdain
“Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” – Anthony Bourdain
Inspirational Anthony Bourdain
Here are 10 best quotes of Anthony Bourdain that will inspire you to live your best life.
- “The journey is part of the experience – an expression of the seriousness of one’s intent. One doesn’t take the A train to Mecca.” – Anthony Bourdain
- “People are generally proud of their food. A willingness to eat and drink with people without fear and prejudice… they open up to you in ways that somebody visiting who is driven by a story may not get.” – Anthony Bourdain
- “There is no Final Resting Place of the Mind.” – Anthony Bourdain
- “Sometimes the greatest meals on vacations are the ones you find when Plan A falls through.” – Anthony Bourdain
- “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.” – Anthony Bourdain
- “For a moment, or a second, the pinched expressions of the cynical, world-weary, throat-cutting, miserable bastards we’ve all had to become disappears, when we’re confronted with something as simple as a plate of food.” – Anthony Bourdain
- “I am not a fan of people who abuse service staff. In fact, I find it intolerable. It’s an unpardonable sin as far as I’m concerned, taking out personal business or some other kind of dissatisfaction on a waiter or busboy.” – Anthony Bourdain
- “An ounce of sauce covers a multitude of sins.” – Anthony Bourdain
- “Our movements through time and space seem somehow trivial compared to a heap of boiled meat in broth, the smell of saffron, garlic, fishbones and Pernod.” – Anthony Bourdain
- “It’s been an adventure. We took some casualties over the years. Things got broken. Things got lost. But I wouldn’t have missed it for the world.” – Anthony Bourdain
- “Practicing your craft in expert fashion is noble, honorable and satisfying. And I’ll generally take a standup mercenary who takes pride in his professionalism over an artist any day.”― Anthony Bourdain
- “Plans should be ephemeral, so be prepared to move away from them.”― Anthony Bourdain
- “For me, the cooking life has been a long love affair, with moments both sublime and ridiculous. But like a love affair, looking back you remember the happy times best.” ― Anthony Bourdain
Final Thoughts On These Powerful Anthony Bourdain Quotes
We hope you enjoyed these handful quotes of Anthony Bourdain.
What is the main lesson you learned from these Anthony Bourdain quotes?
Anthony Bourdain on Making Your Life a Fulfilling Adventure Renowned chef, best-selling author, TV star, travel expert, entrepreneur. Most people want one of these titles. Bourdain has them all and more.
Write your comment and let us know what you think about it.
Books Recommended By James Altucher
BOOKS THAT SAVED MY LIFE
- My Last Supper : Buy On Amazon
- Between Meals : Buy On Amazon
- The Friends of Eddie Coyle : Buy On Amazon
- The Quiet American: Buy On Amazon
- Naked Lunch : Buy On Amazon
- The Devil All the Time : Buy On Amazon
- Ways of Escape : Buy On Amazon
- You’re Better Than Me : Buy On Amazon
Share these Anthony Bourdain Quotes on twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and friends and family who need motivational-inspirational quote for every day.
success quotes, entrepreneur quotes, business quotes, life changing quotes, Startup Quotes
- 20 Unforgettable Leonardo DiCaprio Quotes from Romeo and Juliet: A Tragic Tale - December 4, 2023
- 20 Inspiring Leonardo DiCaprio Quotes from Wolf of Wall Street: Unleash Success - December 3, 2023
- 20 Unforgettable Leonardo DiCaprio Quotes from Titanic: Life Lessons - December 2, 2023